Choosing A Good Term Paper Topic In Biology: Things To Know
Paper writing in Biology can be daunting, tedious and boring for some students but it happens to be one of those things that are an absolute must complete to be able to pass the course. However, some students ace it due to various reasons mostly because of their interest in the subject. Well, let’s see if we can make it easier for you by giving you some tips on finding a good biology topic for your paper writing. It need not be tedious if you can follow the following simple steps.
- Well-researched: Find a topic that is well-researched and written about so that it is easier for you to find and locate literature and other reading materials on them. This is half the battle won.
- Passion: Topics that you are passionate about are a lot easier to write. It also consumes less time, as you do not have to go through the steep learning curve.
- Topical: If you choose a topic that is relevant to the times you can come across numerous articles written about it on a daily basis in the local newspapers.
- List: Make a list of not more than 3 of the common biology topics and consult your teacher on which would be the best topic. Be careful when you do this, as you do not want to appear curry favoring the examiner.
- Internet: Do a quick search on the Internet and see the kind of topics that has the most number of searches, as this is a good indication of the number of articles written on them.
Given below are some examples of biology topics you can choose from.
- Is obesity hereditary?
- The science of biological warfare.
- Ebola virus: A study of its origin and spread throughout history.
- The mysteriousness of the placebo effect.
- Brain cells and their implications on dementia and Alzheimer’s.
- Why are black albinos white?
- A study of melamine.
- Sleeping patterns and conditions associated with it.
- How effective are alternative medicines in the treatments of diseases?
- Is being bisexual hereditary?
As a parting word and as a rule of thumb follow your instinct after considering the above tips and once you’ve started persist until you complete the paper. Refrain from changing the topic halfway through, as this is a complete waste of time. Good luck!